As a result of the developments in recent years, the Archabbey of Pannonhalma has been put on the conference tourism map in Hungary. The variety, facilities and capacity of our functions rooms allows us to manage a wide range of events. The atmosphere of the abbey and the variety of optional programmes make this an exquisite venue.
Teambuilding programmes in the Herbal garden, wine tasting in the Abbey Winery, thematic guided tours in the Archives and the Treasury, organ concerts in the Basilica, lectures by monks in the monastery, standing receptions in Viator Event and Conference Center...”
... these are just a few examples of how you can fill your event with cultural, gastronomic or sacral experiences. The Pannonhalma Archabbey is an excellent venue for Hungarian and international conferences, corporate events and training courses, educational and training courses lasting several days, public or private presentations and gala events. Available for hire, our rooms are equipped with projectors and free wi-fi. Some of them are also equipped with a microphone and a flipchart. We can offer coffee breaks in every room, and we offer meals in the Viator Restaurant for up to 200 people at a time. A limited number of special events can be held in the Main Library or St. Martin’s Basilica.
I. Conference Capacity
Whether it is a gala concert, a training course, a teambuilding programme, a private presentation or an important meeting, we will always help you choose the most suitable venue from the variety available at the Archabbey.
Take a look at the capacity of our hireable rooms and venues.
II. Venue options
III. Optional programmes
- Wine tasting of 3, 5 or 7 items in the Abbey Winery
- Chocolate and/or liqueur tasting in the Teahouse or at a location of your choice
- Visit to the Pannonhalma Archabbey Brewery with beer tasting
- Guided tour of the Monastery
- Guided tour of the Herbal garden and visit to the Museum of Scents
- Guided tour of the Archives, presenting on request rarities and thematic research around the activities of the company
- Viewing of curiosities in the Library of the Archabbey collection concerning the history of books and printing
- Organ concert in the Basilica or the Káptalan hall.
- Walk in the maze / walking meditation in the botanic garden
- Presentation of the Pannonhalma Basilica with silent meditation
- Presentations by monks on a variety of topics
If you wish to use our catering services, please request a special offer.
Events catering services
- Seated served-plate main meals
- Buffet-style main meals
- Cold and hot buffets
- Coffee breaks
- Business breakfasts
- Standing receptions
V. Other Services
Management training, coaching
Thank you gifts
We can compile a package of authentic products from the Abbey for our guests upon request. If you wish to give your guests or colleagues a gift, you can choose from the selection of our premium quality Abbey products from wines and cosmetics to lavender, or perhaps a bottle of herb liquor. Your guest can take home a piece of their experience of Pannonhalma with our largely locally produced products made with the utmost care, using locally grown herbs.
We offer bus transfer for our guests if required through our contractors.
We welcome requests for quotations from individuals, as well as event managers, travel agencies and corporate event managers. We can also arrange a site visit by prior arrangement in order to find the most suitable venue for you together.